EMU/ MEMU/ DMU
When Bombay suburban section of BB&CI Railway was electrified in 1928, the Indian Railways introduced new Electric Multiple Unit coaches built by Cammell Laird & Co. The 65 ton motor coach was one of the first put in service by BB&CI Railway. The formation had four motors - axle hung with plate frames with a seating capacity of 121. This service opened up a very convenient means of transportation for the city commuters. Similar services were later introduced in Calcutta and Madras.